Critical business catastrophes can vary widely, from explosions, terrorist attacks, sabotage, biological contamination, fires, computer network crashes, to name a few, and businesses must be armed with methods of prevention, preparedness, response and recovery. ICA has formed strategic alliances with qualified vendors to provide a Business Continuity and Disaster Contingency Planning Consulting Service in order to provide the Client with step by step guidance in the development of a sound Business Continuity and Crisis Management Plan to assure the critical business operations move forward as seamlessly as possible.
ICA’s Business Continuity and Disaster Contingency Planning Consulting Service includes the following:
- Evaluate the Client’s existing security and protection plans, facility operations and security requirements, along with the risks facing each facility with regard to its employees, property, information technology and storage, customers and neighboring businesses. This study will encompass evacuation planning, emergency contacts and notification, employee communication, insurance and financial risks, existing “hot-site” capabilities, training and division of responsibility among staff and post incident operations and survival. Recommend proven service providers in the establishment of hot-site technology, security organizations, and disaster recovery facilities.
- Recommend pertinent insurance coverage for these specific risks, and establish procedures for filing claims with all insurers who would be involved in any disaster claims.
- Establish a Crisis Management Team, who will be hand selected by the Client’s upper management and the Consultant and undergo training to their specific roles in responding to any crisis. The Crisis Management Team and the Consultant will work together to develop a comprehensive Disaster Contingency Plan for the Client, ensuring the plan is functional and will protect all critical business operations.
- Establish separate Crisis Command Centers, both on site and off site where all selected parties would gather during or following a critical incident. The Consultant will advise as to any equipment, resources and communication methods necessary for these Command Centers, and the Crisis Management Team will be instructed in their operation.
- Develop as part of the Disaster Contingency Plan an Emergency Management section explaining the activities of each Team Member on such issues as telecommunications, water, electric, gas and oil shut offs, required notifications, communication issues, personal safety, property protection, community outreach, recovery tasks, health, environmental and other logistical issues.
- Conduct seminars and training sessions on the increasing dangers of international travel, travel safety and survival techniques, as well as counter-terrorism techniques, and preventative methodology. Evaluate the risks facing Client’s executives to determine exposure, residential and office security, transportation exposure and workplace violence measures.
See our Complete List of Consulting Services.